The Call for Papers is closed – thank you for numerous submissions!
Statement: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Feist, founder of the Passive House Institute and member of the Scientific Conference Advisory Board 2023
The next International Passive House Conference will take place on 5 and 6 April 2024 on the campus "Technik" of the Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Austria. We received a total of 155 abstracts in the call for papers. The final meeting of the scientific conference advisory board took place on 20 October 2023. We were overwhelmed by the large number of high-quality contributions: It may be that we ultimately recommended more abstracts for a presentation than the conference team can accomodate!
By "really good contribution" I mean the presentation of a building project or an energy-efficient component:
- which has been properly planned and fully realised
- whose relevant properties have been independently assessed (e.g. airtightness coefficients measured with a pressure test)
- which is adequately described in the supplement
- which provides practical test results from real construction settings
This year's submissions to the call for papers feature several buildings that have been in operation for 10 or more years and which provide measuring data on living comfort and actual use. These include measurement results for energy-efficient retrofits. We can gain valuable insights into the effectiveness of energy efficiency measures from these results and naturally, these insights will be at the centre of the 27th International Passive House Conference.
20 October 2023, Wolfgang Feist
The topics of this year's call for papers were:
- Energy efficiency NOW!
- PH / EnerPHit for city districts
- Prefabrication for PH and EnerPHit projects
- Energy efficiency and renewables
- PH concepts under challenging climatic conditions
- Keeping cool: passive and active cooling solutions
- Highly energy-efficient non-residential buildings
- Tools and methods for implementation
- Heat pumps and split units for deep retrofits
- Highest energy efficiency for staged renovation projects
Did you miss this year's call for papers? Then we would be delighted if you submitted an abstract to the call for papers for the next International Passive House Conference!